[thelist] Number of rows per talbe?

Steve Cook sck at biljettpoolen.se
Fri Nov 17 03:43:04 CST 2000

Hi Adrian,

Friday night already where you are? It's only Friday morning here so I've
got hours before I can fetch a beer :-(

The 101 rows problem is "Jolly Strange(tm)" - I've not heard of that
happening, so I can't be much help there. Perhaps rather than ranting at
your rpovider you could politely ask them if it's something they know about
:-)

With the auto-increment, the behaviour you mention is standard. I wouldn't
worry about it if I were you. Pretty much all the SQL databases I have seen
do that. I have no idea why (though I guess it's quickest for the program if
it simply maintains an internal pointer and increments it without having to
worry about filling in gaps). Just let auto-increment do it's thing :-)

Strange about the 101 limit though....

.steve

   WapWarp - http://wapwarp.com
 Wap-Dev - http://www.wap-dev.net