[thelist] VBScript vs. JavaScript

Bob Davis bobd at members.evolt.org
Fri Nov 17 09:03:11 CST 2000

on 11/17/00 9:32 AM, Gillespie, Bryan at Bryan.Gillespie at medic.com wrote:

> I was recently in a discussion with management, where the focus was "we
> should move away from JavaScript and solely use VBScript".  I'd like to find
> a comparison/contrast of these to better understand what kind of
> implications this may have.
>
> Any suggestions of places to go or do any of you have personal experience
> with this question?

Are you taking about using VBscript for backend ASP stuff or for client side
programming?

Macs don't do VB script, and neither does *nix. (afaik)

I don't think Netscape does either.

There's one reason to not use it for client side scripting.

Backend wise, I don't know what the implications would be.  If you know JS
already, and would have to learn VBS, there's a reason.  I don't think VBS
gives you any more power in ASP than JS.

--

bob davis
bobd at members.evolt.org