[thelist] FW: Liquid header problems

Gina K. Anderson gina at sitediva.com
Sat Nov 18 19:45:09 CST 2000

Janice,

I don't think I was clear..and I'm not understanding <grin>. I see one big
problem with your page, which is the big white space on smaller windows. You
will fix the big white space on the banner table by putting all the tables you
have on that page *into* a one row 100% table. This will make the banner table
behave and make it liquid. Also, your tabs don't slide over to the right.

You can fix that by aligning the row that those tabs are in to the "right"
instead of "center".

I dickered with your code and uploaded it so you can see what I did. Go to:
http://www.sitediva.com/clients/janice/cm_3a.asp
(I couldn't get to the logo image..I didn't try real hard, but all I got was
"spacer.gif" ;)

Now, I'm not sure what you mean by sliding to the *left*, what needs to slide to
the left? Are you talking about the left side beigey column, then it's set to a
fixed pixel width, if you want it liquid, you'll need to give it a percentage
width, and do the same for the other columns in the table. (???)

I may not be able to respond to further questions tonight, but I'll be around
tomorrow--

Gina