[thelist] Popup Window on Exit

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Mon Nov 20 09:12:45 CST 2000

> From: <martin.p.burns at uk.pwcglobal.com>
[...]
> However, unless it's clear that it offers benefit to them, users really
> get angry at popups, particularly if you take away their control by
> removing any of the following:
> * scrollbars (*especially* if the page is too long to scroll)
> * Resizability
> * closability (I will personally disembowel anyone who suggests that
>    onClose(openWin()) is A Good Thing)
> * Location Field (less important if it's an interactive widget)

to address the original question, if you want a popup to appear on a
window close, just visit any porn site and steal their code... i think
they suck, tho...

to address martin's point, anybody see the CNN pop-up that asks
me what edition i want?  after closing it every day for a week, i
finally answered, and guess what happened?  it came back the
next day...

*that* pissed me off...