[thelist] CFSCHEDULE

Ed Nolan ed at nolans.net
Mon Nov 20 14:25:09 CST 2000

Just curious if anyone has explored the possibilities of the <cfschedule>
tag.  Specifically, I like to have the date and time of the scheduled event
established by a form.  For example, let's say the user completes a form
including date and time fields.  If the submitted date and time is 11/22/00
15:30:00, the respective form would be triggered at 3:30pm on 11/22/00.

I do realize that the form with the <cfschedule> tag would need to set-up
with some variables:
<cfschedule action="UPDATE"
            task="sendemail"
            operation="HTTPRequest"
            url="http://127.0.0.1/mail.cfm"
            startdate="#startdate#"
            starttime="#starttime#"
            enddate="#enddate#"
            endtime="#endtime#"
            interval="NOW"
            resolveurl="Yes"
            publish="No">

How does the server need to be configured?  How about the tag?  Any
suggestions if this is possible or how it could be accomplished are warmly
welcomed. Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,

--- Ed Nolan