[thelist] jfax vs. efax

Colin Strasser colin at u2i.com
Tue Nov 21 17:33:37 CST 2000

I recently evaluated the free offerings from these two and chose
to go with JFax for a couple reasons:

1.  It was recommended by a client.

2.  I receive my faxes in TIFF format, whereas efax uses a
proprietary .EFX format.

Potential efax advantages:

A.  JFax seems to have decided to diversify into a unified
messaging service rather than focus on doing one thing well.

B.  Efax has nice desktop integration tools, at least based on my
brief acquaintance with them at Kinkos.

Still, JFax assigned me a fax number within just five minutes of
signing up, and so far it has worked flawlessly.

Regards,

Colin Strasser
Managing Principal

Union Square Interactive