Accessibility laws (was RE: [thelist] Dropdowns - good or bad?)

Erika Meyer meyer at up.edu
Wed Nov 22 11:50:49 CST 2000

My "not a lawyer" understanding is that at this point in time,
Section 508 applies SPECIFICALLY to "Federal Departments and
Agencies."

Regarding access of public places in the US, I think it is the
Americans with Disabilities Act which is of consideration.
http://www.usdoj.gov/crt/ada/adahom1.htm

In a nutshell:

"The ADA prohibits discrimination on the basis of disability in
employment, State and local government, public accommodations,
commercial facilities, transportation, and telecommunications."
http://www.usdoj.gov/crt/ada/cguide.htm

Erika