[thelist] Help? Pop-up Java using image?

Palyne Gaenir palyne at sciencehorizon.com
Thu Nov 23 18:36:29 CST 2000

Dear Evoltians,

I have a site I inherited that uses a java application called with a
certain applet code (below). The only variables that change are the
potential data file which may or may not be pulled into the
application (I'll feed this in with an IF statement in CF).
Currently the applet is using a plain form button to pop itself up
into a new window (part of the application).  I know how to disable
the button and/or make it pop up without it.  But I need to use an
image to pop it up instead of the button. I know zero about java and
I don't understand how to work an image into a parameter line for an
applet -- or whatever other solution I should be using.  Can anybody
help??
Eternally grateful,
Palyne  (code below)

<APPLET code="DT.class" codebase="http://etc/"
        width="300" height="30" archive="classes.zip">
<PARAM NAME="usebutton" VALUE="true">
<PARAM NAME="buttonstring" VALUE="Start DataTools!">
<PARAM NAME="dataurl" VALUE="http://datfile.dat">
<PARAM NAME="cgipath" VALUE="http://etc./">
<PARAM NAME="savepath" VALUE="http://etc./">
<PARAM NAME="helppath" VALUE="http://etc./">