[thelist] Online Portfolio > Live Examples

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Mon Nov 27 12:12:24 CST 2000

<aphelan at confederationc.on.ca>

> I have quite a few sites in my portfolio. When a site design is completed I
> take a screen capture of it for future use. The problem is, the majority of
> the sites that I have created are either under password protection (intranet
> designs, online education), or no longer available. Frankly I can only think
> of one or two Live sites that can be used as examples. What would be the
> best way to work around this problem?

in my case, i always take screen caps of key sections of the site
(home page, pages with unique designs or features, general pages,
etc.)... i use those as thumbnails, and when a site is not available,
i link to full-size screen-caps... in some cases, depending on fata
sensitivity, client permission, etc...

i always get approval from the client in advance, and i always have
the client sign off on the page(s)...