[thelist] Data structure help

kev.skindrill kjs at ratking.co.uk
Mon Nov 27 14:51:21 CST 2000

> I'm planning to build a tool for our intranet to help plan and manage our
> sales strategy. The idea is to build up an "active document" for each
> prospective customer. The "document" will be a series of web pages that
draw
> information from a database to show the following information;
> Which tasks need to be performed
> Which tasks have been completed
> Who completed each task
> When it was completed

Hi Steve
             No one else seems to have thought of a reply to this so I'll
take a stab. If I have this right then you are trying to create an on-line
equivalent of what I believe are called "Smart Cards", like when a rep is on
the road he takes a load of cards containing the details of the clients he
is expecting to see. Would it not be simpler to have a separate static web
page for each client/prospect, rather than a dynamic database driven site,
into which the sales person can upload all the relevant data? It could have
an interface like a forum maybe, with everthing in chronological order and
the name of the person who entered it. I have to admit you lost me a bit in
your description, so I apologise if I've over simplified things, but I
presume this is to do with the ticket booking site you are working on.
HTH

Kev