[thelist] Perl error: formmail

Tab Alleman talleman at autobex.com
Mon Nov 27 16:02:18 CST 2000

As a favor for a friend, I got the formmail script from Matt's Script
Archive and put it on my friend's website.  It's supposed to email him the
contents of a form when the form is submitted, but instead, when the form is
submitted I get this:

-----------------------
Internal Server Error
to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, webmaster at debt-end.com and inform
them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that
may have caused the error.

There was also some additional information available about the error:
[Mon Nov 27 16:52:33 2000] access to
/u/home/d/debt/public_html/cgi-bin/formmail.pl failed for 209.208.87.4,
reason: Premature end of script headers

Unfornately, I'm stictly an NT/ASP/VB kinda guy, and my friend's Hosting
Company is strictly *nix/Perl.  I'm sure this is an extremely simple problem
for someone who knows anything about Perl.. I'm just not that someone.  Any
ideas where I should begin?