[thelist] which browsers support http 1.1 ?

Eduardo Dominguez lalo_dominguez at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 28 20:21:04 CST 2000

Michael,

    I just found out how to determine whether a a browser has "gzip,
deflate"
as Accept-Encoding. Now my problem is what is "gzip" and what is "deflate".
Are this just the protocols for compression such as the unix gzip ?
Netscape 4.73 only supports deflate and IE 5x supports both.
Any idea what the diference is ?