[thelist] Looking for a good "bulk" emailer

Michele Foster michele at wordpro.on.ca
Fri Dec 1 18:17:14 CST 2000

Hi Michael,

I agree with Scott on this one .. why not.

Sending bulk email through an ASP page works great.  Here's a good tutorial
that will walk you through various functions.
http://www.stardeveloper.com/asp_newsletter_1.asp

If you want/need some simplified code, let me know and I'll be happy to
share.

I've used ASP to generate emails both ways, i.e. entering an address in a
web form, automatically sending out an email (one at a time).  Used this
approach while researching various companies that I thought would/could
benefit from what I had to say.  Have also set up a sort of "newsletter" as
explained in the site above that simply loops through the email addresses in
my database and sends out my announcements.  It's slick, completely
customizable, and sends out each mail individually, in real time.

Also, I've experienced numerous problems with OE trying to send out emails
in bulk.  After a certain number it just stops sending.  Not sure if this
was a problem with the server, or a problem with the recipient assuming that
it was "spam" and therefore not allowing the message to be received.

HTH,

Michele