[thelist] dHTML Form Elements && tip re: Disabling the <enter> key to submit a form.

jeff jeff at members.evolt.org
Mon Dec 4 12:33:02 CST 2000

tab,

:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
: From: Tab Alleman
:
: If there's a way to do this in .asp, I don't know it.  I
: don't think with .asp that you can determine with one
: script which submit button was clicked.  Maybe if they
: all had the same name but different values?  Never tried
: it...anybody else?
:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

that's exactly how you'd do it.  the mechanics of sending a value with a
submit button to the server is not cold fusion specific.  it just requires
that you name the submit button (in my case i name all submit buttons
"submit").  then, you just check the value of the button (which is actually
the text that's displayed on it) to determine which action to take.

good luck,

.jeff

name://jeff.howden
game://web.development