[thelist] Opinions on Comps

Ben Henick persist1_pdx at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 5 12:51:18 CST 2000

> I am doing a few comps for another designer and I like them but
> there's
> something...I can't quite figure out what it is about them that needs
> tweaking.

> http://www.sitediva.com/clients/AnneWelsh/index.html

Of the three, I agree that #1 is the most promising.  It's got the best
balance of the three.

For some reason I found the opacity-twiddling on #3 to be very
attractive.

I'm bothered by the photography... granted that it gives a view of the
shop, but I definitely hope that 'product in use' shots are going to be
included on the site.

You might want to duplicate the knot at the top of the page (if you can
pull it off pleasantly).

If this is what you do in a slump, feel free to share with us what you
do when you're in the groove!

=====
Ben Henick              |  "In the long run, men hit only
Web Author At-Large     |  what they aim at.  Therefore,
www.io.com/persist1/    |  though they should fail
persist1 at io.com         |  immediately, they had better aim
persist1_pdx at yahoo.com  |  high."  --Henry David Thoreau