[thelist] Opening Windows With Java Script

jeff jeff at members.evolt.org
Wed Dec 6 05:35:03 CST 2000

deri,

:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
: From: Deri Jenkins
:
: However can anyone advise me if there is a way to
: open a window that ONLY displays the lower status
: bar.  I am operating a secure site and wish to display
: the padlock as evidence of SSL encryption.   I do not
: want the window to display anything else such as
: address bar, or toolbar.
:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

it's actually so easy you're going to kick yourself.

all you have to do is pass those features you wish the window to possess.
all the features you omit will not be included with the window.

window.open('thefile.html', winName, 'status,scrollbars,resizable');

this would open a window to whatever size the user's default browser window
opens to except with only the status bar, scrollbars, and the ability to
resize.

good luck,

.jeff

name://jeff.howden