[thelist] FW: problems with text field sizing and ie 5.5

Eric Hehl eric at thaitec.com
Wed Dec 6 15:10:41 CST 2000

Jason,

This is exactly the same problem I'm having. I've been tearing my hair out
for about the past hour trying to find some sort of workaround (w/o CSS or
browser detection).  I'm glad I'm not the only one, though - I was beginning
to wonder if I was having this problem because I spilled coffee on my
keyboard this morning (you know, machine-revenge and all that . . .)

I saved a page from amazon.com which was loaded with forms, deleted all but
3 input boxes and recreated my form. Everything worked fine (sizes stayed
the same across browsers, and in DW).  Yet when I cut-n-paste the code into
my template, BOOM!, same old problem.  Soo, I'm working on a theory that it
has something to do with tags that I've placed on my page.  Somewhere,
there's a formatting tag which is causing this error--but I'll be d*mned if
I can figure out which one(s).

Sometimes, I hate my job ...