[thelist] PHP and PERL

Anthony Baratta Anthony at Baratta.com
Thu Dec 7 11:08:47 CST 2000

At 08:37 AM 12/7/2000, you wrote:
>Whenever the script is ran, it needs to first execute the PHP authentication,
>then - if they are a valid user, continues the regular execution of the
>script,
>thus writing all of the necessary template files with the authentication code.

I hate to be a dork....but it seems your tip offered with the question
solves your problem:

.. TIP ..
To execute an included CGI script from within a PHP file, insert code
such as the following:

<? virtual('/cgi-bin/foo.pl'); ?>

.. /TIP ..

Add the authorization to this page and if the authorization passes, execute
the perl script. I would put the authorization code in an include file,
that way the perl script only has to write the include line and you only
have to change one file to update all files.

----
Anthony Baratta
President
Keyboard Jockeys