[thelist] Indexing by Search Engines of dynamically created documents.

Anthony Baratta Anthony at Baratta.com
Thu Dec 7 11:11:35 CST 2000

At 10:14 AM 12/7/2000, you wrote:
>I'm kind of new to the world of server parsed HTML. I have been webmaster
>for the College of Arts and Sciences at the University of Virginia for
>about 4 months and have, up to this point, only dealt with static HTML a
>few CGI scripts and Javascript. I am now charged with putting together
>what will eventually be a fairly formidable

If I understand the spidering correctly: Many search engines ignore
non-html extensions. What I would recommend   is if spidering is important
to you setup the server so that all HTML files are really dynamic files for
Perl/PHP/Cold Fusion/ASP. You can force the web server to treat the HTML
files as sever processes files instead of static HTML.

----
Anthony Baratta
President
Keyboard Jockeys