[thelist] Netscape 6 loads page twice

jeff jeff at members.evolt.org
Thu Dec 7 11:22:19 CST 2000

jake,

:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
: From: Jacob Stetser
:
: But I fail to see how alienating 15% of your
: audience is good business practice, unless
: you can successfully prove that Netscape
: users are less likely to purchase your product
: or use your service.
:
: By alienation I mean inaccessible areas, javascript
: problems/errors, and display issues - all of which
: cause users to lose faith and trust in your creation.
: Remember, bad experiences travel by word of
: mouth much faster than good ones.
:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ah, but the things you list as being alienation are not part of a usable
site.  so, i guess we're in agreement on this subject.  the important thing
is that the site is still usable - it just might not include all the fancy
stuff or be quite as nice to look at and easy to use.

:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
: And think on this.. 13% of 554 million hits is STILL
: something like 60 million hits.

exactly, which is why i didn't say f*ck them outright.

thanks,

.jeff

name://jeff.howden
game://web.development