[thelist] database central

A. Erickson amanda at gawow.com
Thu Dec 7 12:12:12 CST 2000

> > propeller-heads running amok, i.e. utter and complete corporate
> domination
>
> > by the technology dept?
>
> Interesting perspective. I would have blamed it on the designers
> rather than
> the propeller-heads (not that they're mutually exclusive in our
> field), but
> maybe you mean propeller-heads squeezed into designer positions?

Hmmmm... I wouldn't think so. I can't imagine designers are in the control
positions of companies such as this one. In fact, I would believe that when
a designer is forced to create a portal with ads running up down and in and
out that it's not their idea. Design is nine times out of ten going to be
absolutely unimportant to marketing, sales and tech teams.

Just my 2 bitter cents.

- amanda