[thelist] batch conversion of word to html

McCreath_David McCreath_David at xmail.asd.k12.ak.us
Thu Dec 7 15:52:49 CST 2000

Hi, Zach --

I've gone down this path before, and although I never tried AppleScript, I
never found a super-duper automated way to do it.

Two things that have been suggested on this topic on the list before are
HTMLTidy and BBEdit. I ended up using BBEdit and it's RegEx search and
replace feature. It's not exactly automated, but you can save your
expressions for future use and BBEdit will fairly rip through dozens of HTML
files in a batch.

It's worth looking at if for no other reason than it's a good intro to
Regular Expressions if you've never used them before.

Dave