[thelist] Netscape 6 loads page twice

martin.p.burns at uk.pwcglobal.com martin.p.burns at uk.pwcglobal.com
Fri Dec 8 08:19:37 CST 2000

Memo from Martin P Burns of PricewaterhouseCoopers

-------------------- Start of message text --------------------

Absolutely - I have seen so *many* 'designers' and 'HTML
coders' working for large design agencies who still don't understand
that
*) HTML is primarily structural (not presentational)
*) They *can't* assume that every user can or should see the site exactly
   as they see it.

As for MS and standards, it's fairly obvious that they view 3rd party standards
as secondary to their own ideas for Windows platforms - otherwise why would
they have prioritised coloured scrollbars above HTML standards in IE5.5?
IE5/Mac show that they *can* obey standards. They just choose not to.

Cheers
Martin

Please respond to thelist at lists.evolt.org