[thelist] Networking: Localhost AND the net?

Judah McAuley judah at alphashop.com
Fri Dec 8 11:24:29 CST 2000

Diagnosis will be greatly simplified if you post the following information:

IP address of all three machines (Are they static or dhcp?)
Does your modem have a single IP address bound to it?  If so, is the Mac
doing network address translation?
Please post all the relevant networking info from the PC.  This info can be
gotten by running winipcfg at the command prompt (if the box is running Win
95 or 98) or ipconfig (if the box is running NT or 2000).  If the machine
is running Windows 3.1, then god help you soul.
Also, try running a Traceroute our from the PC so we can see what the
machine is trying to do.  From the command prompt run "tracert www.yahoo.com"

Hope we'll be able to help.

Judah