[thelist] Perl error: formmail (revisited)

Tab Alleman talleman at autobex.com
Fri Dec 8 13:47:42 CST 2000

Hi remember me?  This is the first chance I've had to work on this problem
since I last wrote the list, so I'm just now trying all the suggestions that
were given:

	(If you're using a 'canned' script, I would start by making sure that
things
	like the interpreter path (first line in the script) and the various config
	elements in the script match the setup on the server.)

Ok, well the canned script had this in the first line:

#!/usr/bin/perl

I tried removing the # sign.. no change in the results.. should I remove the
!, or do anything else?  I did rummage around enough to verify that the path
is valid.

I also added this to the top of my script per another user's suggestion:

use CGI::Carp qw(fatalsToBrowser);

again no change in the output to the browser.  The error message I get is
reprinted below.

The Idiot's FAQ's to Perl (or whatever it's called) didn't help either.. I
think it assumes you know even more than I do about Perl/Unix...I don't know
enough to be an Idiot, I guess.

Any other idears?

tx,
Tab