[thelist] CSS, Forms, IE/Netscape

Bruce Heerssen bheerssen at visualbridge.tv
Fri Dec 8 15:07:22 CST 2000

Gina, NN 4.x does not apply styles correctly to input fields. Nor does it treat
the size attribute correctly for text fields, but that is neither here nor there
because at least it's usable. So, what you want is a tag that looks something
like this:

<input type="text" size="10" style="width: 50px;"> or:
<input type="text" size="10" class="textBox">

Netscape will pay attention to the size attribute, not the style or class
attributes. MSIE will pay attention to the style or class attributes instead of
the size attribute. That way, you get a text box that looks more or less the
same in both browsers, assuming you're not doing any other weird stuff with
styles.

hth

- Bruce