[thelist] C:\Windows\temp: Safe to trash?

Frank framar at interlog.com
Sat Dec 9 19:40:59 CST 2000

>  just delete anything in Temp that it'll let you delete.
>  if it lets you delete it, it wasn't being used, and if
>  it wasn't being used, it was wasting space.

Yes, I was aware of that part, I just wanted to make sure that it
wouldn't mess with the system. On the Mac, there is an invisible
temporary directory that contains live items (scratch disks, lock
files for an app, whatever) that are deleted upon the app quitting,
or the system shutting down. In my experience the PC is usually less
graceful in it's handling of missing files, and didn't want to touch
anything that would be 'live'. In this case what I hear is that the
TEMP directory contains files that are simply left there, much like a
web browser cache.
--

Frank Marion                      Loofah Communications
frank at loofahcom.com               http://www.loofahcom.com