[thelist] The big switcheroo...

Alan McCoy a.r.mccoy at larc.nasa.gov
Mon Dec 11 06:28:46 CST 2000

I know I haven't been very vocal in the past few months, but I thought I'd
let you know that I'll be unsubbing for a couple of weeks as I change jobs.
Going from being a frustrated overworked one-man web shop at NASA to joining
a crackerjack team as a site producer and project manager at a real web
shop. For those of you who still have my ICQ number, that'll stay the same.

As George and Weezy said, "We're movin' on up!..."

Alan McCoy

<tip author="Alan McCoy" subject="Software planning on a virtual host">
When shopping around for a virtual hosting company, be sure to FIRST check
the specs for any apps/scripts/thingies you're planning to install. Then
check the specs for the host's system to make sure they can support it.
Also, check to see if any of your intended software requires you to have
root access or to make httpd.conf mods. Most virtual hosts don't allow users
to do these. This will save a lot of frustration when you're setting up
shop.
</tip>