[thelist] Status of new TLDs?

Herzog, Ari Ari_Herzog at Instron.com
Mon Dec 11 15:14:38 CST 2000

Yes, that is what I remembered reading.

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Collins [mailto:mcollins206 at home.com]
Sent: Monday, December 11, 2000 3:47 PM
To: thelist at lists.evolt.org
Subject: Re: [thelist] Status of new TLDs?

Sorry for the multiple posts earlier, having some email client config
issues while changing ISPs.

As far as I can recall from what I read, ICANN has announced what the
new domains will be, but have not announced a schedule for
availability. Some may be released by Summer 2001 and others not
until the following year. As far as I can tell the organizations that
sponsored the new domain will get first crack at registering under
the new domains. Some of the domains (like museum) won't be available
publicly at all. I also recall a rumor that there may be some
refereeing of domain name sales to allow businesses that have a
legitimate claim to some trademarked name a priority to domains with
that name. The exciting battles are over .biz, .name, and .pro

http://www.tidbits.com/tb-issues/TidBITS-557.html#lnk3

Michael
--
==> Michael Collins