[thelist] Must a webmaster know databases???

A. Erickson amanda at gawow.com
Wed Dec 13 11:00:02 CST 2000

I agree with what everyone has said already regarding leveraging your
skills. It is important for a webmaster (as well as anyone in the trenches
of this business) to have at the very least an overarching knowledge of many
technologies and their capabilities. However, you may not necessarily need
to be able to do all of those things in top fashion. Take a class. Convince
your boss to contract the work. Project manage the contractor and act as a
liason between he/she/them and your boss. By taking a class you'll better be
able to serve in that position anyway.

And, I have to say this, if you're not interested in learning new skills
maybe webmastery isn't your thing. I know it sure isn't mine.

- amanda