[thelist] Must a webmaster know databases???

rudy Rudy_Limeback at maritimelife.ca
Wed Dec 13 11:58:21 CST 2000

>  ... if you're not interested in learning new skills
> maybe webmastery isn't your thing. I know it sure isn't mine.

hi amanda

so, you, um, aren't interested in learning new skills?  could get you in
trouble in a job interview    ;o)

seriously, i agree with you, i don't know the first thing about hardware,
networks, protocols, operating systems, servers...   furthermore, i have
no intention of ever learning them, which rules out any possibility of me
ever becoming a "webmaster"

on the other hand i am very much interested in learning new skills

as soon as i finish digesting dhtml (look out, burp coming) i'm going on
to whatever comes next

we have to have limits, we cannot get really good at *everything* (there's
just too much to learn), so it's better to concentrate on some core skills
while maintaining awareness of the other areas

rudy.ca