[thelist] Strange ASP server errors

Norman Beresford n.d.b at blueyonder.co.uk
Wed Dec 13 17:30:28 CST 2000

Hi all

I've encountered a puzzling little bug, which shouldn't occur, but my
personal experience is that it does occur.  The problem occurs when the PC
(Win 98 and IE 5.5) I'm using gets low on system resources.  Occsionally
when I try to connect to a bit of ASP I get a 500 Internal Server error.
This happens when I'm connecting to others people's sites, as well as my
own.  Now I know that as all the ASP is rendered server side there is no
reason why there should be any link between the system resources on the
client machine and recieving a 500 from the server.  However I do seem to be
getting this result.  If I do a reboot the pages render fine.

Is it just an amazing co-incidence or is there some sort of strange link?

Norman