[thelist] The evils of * in SQL statements...

Raymond Camden rcamden at allaire.com
Thu Dec 14 14:15:56 CST 2000

What's interesting, (and someone correct me if I'm wrong), while it's
certainly true you should never use select *, I've heard that if you really
DO want all the columns back, that select * is better then select
col1,col2,etc. Can someone confirm/deny this?

Raymond Camden, Principal Spectra Compliance Engineer for Allaire

Email   : jedimaster at allaire.com
ICQ UIN : 3679482