[thelist] Flash detection for IE 5

Charlie Llewellin sallyevans at eden.com
Thu Dec 14 20:24:44 CST 2000

I have sucessfully utilised javascript (from Macromedia) to do some flash
detection, which works great, except in IE 5.5 SP1 (Windows), after finally
upgrading to Windows 98. Checking source at Macromedia, I find they use
VBScript to check for Flash with IE...

Is there a javascript equivalent to this or do I have to use the VBScript
(about which I know nothing) or some other workaround to get IE to behave.
If so will the VBScript mess up other browsers?

I am considering making the dangerous assumption that Flash is turned on for
users of this browser....

All help greatly appreciated.
Charlie