[thelist] special characters

Lisa Bartholomew lisa at koolfish.com
Thu Dec 14 22:32:31 CST 2000

Can anyone tell me if there are special characters for the following or
whether you just have to use a work around.

I have been trying to find a special character for the equation cm2.
The only work around I could think of was to make the 2 smaller and put it
in <sup> tags. This works but then throws your line spacing out if you are
trying to line things up in columns.

The other special character I was wondering about is how to write degrees C.
How do you get the small circle that is lined up with the top of the C?

Thanks
Lisa