[thelist] IE 5 Mac Margins

Kyle Smeby kyle at a-s-i.com
Fri Dec 15 12:47:57 CST 2000

> body { margin: 0px; }
>
> And that's yet another way to do it. :-)

Actually I'm not using style sheets, I'd really like to but... (Now this
ought to get me in trouble)  After doing testing I decided I can't use CSS
because of NN4's pathetic support for it.  That's just my opinion though,
and I've already learned a few tricks from this list that may make them more
viable, but for now (and probably the next 2 years or so) NN4 is going to be
a major thorn in my side as a developer/designer.  Especially when it comes
to the huge potential of CSS.

> If margins are a big deal, I'd check the sites in question on more than one
> Mac, just to see if there's a display variance.

I have done so and on two Macs (one graphite one B&W OS 9.0.4) with IE5 it
has the same problem.

IE5 Mac obviously supports LEFTMARGIN="0" TOPMARGIN="0" but just
erratically, and I really hate those erratic errors.

    thanks for your responses,

        kyle