[thelist] Storing an image in mysql db (using perl)

Adrian Fischer adrian at logo-logic.com
Sat Dec 16 01:45:13 CST 2000

Hi Gang,

Is it possible to store an image in a mysql db.  Presently I am uploading
the images to a directory and just saving the url to the image in the db.  I
thought it might be more econimical to have the image with the rest of the
record.

Just in case you can...I a using perl.  Any pointing in the right direction
would be appreciated.

Oh...and thanks to all who helped with the crontab question earlier last
week.  I ended up doing this in the .ctb file:
0,5,10,15,20,25,30,35,40,45,50,55, * * * * /usr/bin/wget -q -O /dev/null -nd
http://aussiebidder.com/cgi-bin/reminder/mail.php3

works like a dream.  doesnt send me emails, runs the scripts
...great.....have absolutely no idea what the /dev/null -nd does but hey, it
works.

Thanks again
Adrian