[thelist] IE 5 Mac Margins

Joe Crawford artlung at artlung.com
Sun Dec 17 14:16:28 CST 2000

On Sun, 17 Dec 2000, Kyle Smeby wrote:

> > I don't know *why* this works, but it does. Put a script tag in your
> > header. It doesn't even have to contain any code. Just <script></script>
> > will work.
> >
> > -Bekah
>
> You are brilliant, thank you, worked like a charm.

Did you try: <body ...blah blah... style="margin: 0px;"> ? That seems to
me a longer term, less hackish, less potentially troublesome solution than
fake script tags. I mean, IE5.5 could ignore the <script> tags as a bug.

Also - you might consider adding a DOCTYPE to the document, IE5
has some peculiarities with certain document types.

	- Joe
--
Joe Crawford <mailto:joe at artlung.com>
 * I am a Web Designer and Developer;