[thelist] New Year Resolution

Luther, Ron Ron.Luther at COMPAQ.com
Mon Dec 18 08:40:33 CST 2000

Hi Alan,

I have usually heard that the Mandrake distro was the easiest to install.
[As an utter Linux newbie, I found it rather painful and needed lots of
hand-holding --- but it works fine for me now!]

Why not just use Apache as server?  {For me, that was one of the big reasons
to install Linux anyway - to play with Apache!}

Ron L.

(Who plans to 'low-level' his machine [Yikes!] and rebuild it (dual-boot -
Win98 / Mandrake) from scratch after the new year.)