[thelist] SQL - Correlated Subquery??

Luther, Ron Ron.Luther at COMPAQ.com
Wed Dec 20 09:06:52 CST 2000

Hi OL!

Yeah - Thanks! - That's pretty much exactly what ended up working this
morning!

(I have some extra junk in a WHERE clause ... but the basic structure is
just what you proposed!)

SELECT
  Region, MAX(as_of_date)
FROM
  DataTable
WHERE
  Region = "Mars" AND
  Processed_Table = "the_one_I_want" AND
  Status_Code = "Complete"
GROUP BY
  Region

FWIW, The tool I am using here (Brio) to develop this Intranet report has a
$%^$^%^% GUI interface and I couldn't find the obscure combination of
keystrokes and menu commands necessary to get the dang "MAX" function into
the select statement --- which is what led me down the 'nested query
trail'.....

Found it this morning!

Thanks again for the sanity check!

Ron L.