[thelist] Advanced CSS Problem

Gina K. Anderson gina at sitediva.com
Thu Dec 21 11:47:17 CST 2000

Hi all,

I've got this weird problem between IE and NN4 with link colors. Check here to
get a gist of what I am talking about:

http://dev003.geonetric.com/index.html

Okay, now client wants content body visited links to be orange (with IE--just
click on any link in the content body on this page, and then the back button),
but *not* in the menu nav on the left or subnav in the upper right side. Easy
enough in IE, but NN4 is not showing the orange visited link color in the body
content. What I have done in the external stylesheet that pertains to this is:

A {
	color : #666699;
	font-weight : bold;
	}

A:VISITED {
	color: #CC6600;
	}

/* link colors in left side menu */

A.navbeige {
	color : #CCCC99;
	text-decoration : none;
	}

A.navbeige:visited {
 	color: #CCCC99;
	}

A.navwhite {
	font-weight : bold;
	color : #FFFFFF;
	text-decoration : none;
	}

A.navwhite:visited {
	color: #FFFFFF;
	}

/* link colors for upper right corner subnav */

A.sectlinks {
	color : #FFFFFF;
	text-decoration : none;
	}

A.sectlinks:visited

	color: #FFFFFF;
 	}

Why isn't NN4 showing the orange as the visited link color? I tried
half-heartedly adding orange as the vlink color in the <body> tag, but that
didn't work either. NN6 has no problems, is it a CSS support issue or an error
in my CSS?

What to do?
Thanks,
Gina