[thelist] ColdFusion Verity search problem -- Warning: not for the squeamish

Raymond Camden rcamden at allaire.com
Thu Dec 21 14:29:44 CST 2000

> THE PROBLEM: Depending on which directory the clicked file is in, I want
> to load the file
> in a specific template.

Ok, so the first thing you want to do is get the directory. Are you gettting
the full path back in the results, ie, /foo/foo/foo/file.cfm? If so, you can
use the GetDirectoryFromPath() function to get the path out. Once there, you
can build your CFIF or CFSWITCH statement very easily:

<CFIF PATH IS "dir1">
	<A HREF="#thepathandfile#">...</A>
<CFELSE>
	<A HREF="my other hard coded path">..</A>
</CFIF>

Make sense?

Raymond Camden, Principal Spectra Compliance Engineer for Allaire

Email   : jedimaster at allaire.com
ICQ UIN : 3679482