[thelist] Netscape 6: Doctype Declarations Can Break Table La youts

Aylard JA (James) jaylard at equilon.com
Fri Dec 22 17:37:26 CST 2000

Bill,

> You can work around that (assuming your CSS is called via a <link> tag) by

> adding something like this after the <link>:

	As much as possible, I try to avoid browser-sniffing-based fixes.
Fortunately, because the need for a line-height fix can be avoided
altogether by using a particular URI in the doctype declaration (or by
leaving off the doctype declaration altogether if one doesn't care about
validating), a scripting fix isn't necessary. But its always good to get
another perspective -- thanks for your workaround.

James Aylard