[thelist] Size-O-Matic - something fishy 'bout it?

Bob Haroche bharoche at usa.net
Fri Dec 29 22:56:08 CST 2000

SizeOMatic is ad sponsored so that connection is the program trying to
download the ads which run in the "menu bar" for lack of a better
description.  I don't think the ad server runs all the time though.  I also
see what you mean re the flicker.  I usually don't see it b/c I right click
on the app and hide that toolbar.

I don't think SOM is fishy.  In fact, their developers have twice responded
to my inquiries about one thing or another.  The only caveat 'bout the
program is that it calculates the standard resolutions without taking into
account the Windows taskbar. So it's 800 x 600 res is literally that
dimension even though a maximized browser at that res is probably a few
pixels shorter (ie, it stops at the taskbar).

The developers acknowledge this but say since the size and placement of the
taskbar (or Office taskbar) can vary from machine to machine, they didn't
try to account for that amount of screen chrome.

HTH.

O n P o i n t  S o l u t i o n s
P.O. Box 694
Occidental, Ca  95465