[thelist] DW code - why "return XXX" within onLoad?

jeff jeff at members.evolt.org
Sun Dec 31 11:13:08 CST 2000

David,

:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
: From: David Prowak
:
: But the code that is created by DW3 is connected
: to the onLoad event handler.  It's the fact that
: returning a boolean value to the onLoad event
: handler, which has no effect, that has me confused.
: Why is DW3 doing this?  Is it just garbage code?  Or
: is there some reason that I am overlooking?
:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

from my experience (which amounts to alot) and from very limited testing to
refresh myself with the behavior, i've come to the conclusion that it's
completely unnecessary to include that in the onload event handler.

as to why dw3 is doing - that's anybody's guess.

thanks,

.jeff

name://jeff.howden
game://web.development