[thelist] JS Form Submit and Popup window

CDitty mail at redhotsweeps.com
Tue Jan 2 23:45:08 CST 2001

Jeff or anyone else...

Can someone look at this code and see what is wrong?  I want to do a few
form checking then if everything is ok, open a new window with the new
page.   Right now, it does the error checking and if everything is ok, it
opens 2 windows.  One with nothing and the other has my new page on it.

Any tips?

Submit a form and send the user to another page.
<script language="javascript">
<!--hide
function query_validator(form){
         if (form.emailaddr.value == ""){
                 alert('Email address required to play.');
                 form.emailaddr.focus();
                 return(false);
         }else{
                 return(openWin(this.target,800,600,true));

         }
         function openWin(wName,wWidth,wHeight,wResize){
         features =
'menubar=0,toolbar=0,location=1,directories=0,scrollbars=1,status=1,resizable='
+ ((wResize) ? 1 : 0) + ((wWidth) ? ',width=' + wWidth : '') + ((wHeight) ?
',height=' + wHeight : '');
           popWin = window.open('',wName,features);
                 if(popWin.focus) { popWin.focus(); }
                 return true;
         }
}
//-->
</script>

<form action="http://www.redhotsweeps.com/games/sc1/index.htm"
method="POST" TARGET="newWin" onsubmit="return query_validator(this)">
Email Address:<input type="text" name="emailaddr" value="">
<input type="Hidden" name="gameid" value="1"><br>
<center>
<input type="submit" name="Submit" value="submit">
</center>
</form>

Thanks

Chris