[thelist] RE: SQL: Infuriating Date/Time Insert

Frank framar at interlog.com
Thu Jan 4 15:07:08 CST 2001

>  Coming in late on this after holidays. I don't use CF,
>  but I bet I know the problem. 'Date' is a reserved word
>  for Access. If your field is so named, use [Date] (i.e.,
>  with square brackets) in the SQL code. Proper format for
>  date values in Access is #-delimited with no quotes.

May The Great Programmer upload blessings upon thy system!

The problem was indeed that I needed to format my date with the
pound signs (as was also mentioned by Matt). The second part of the
problem was that I had indeed a column named 'Date' and that by
renaming it to EventDate everything worked out fine.

You have no idea how helpful this was! May everyone's code parse
peacefully for the next 3 * CreateTimeSpan(1, 0, 0, 0)

--

Frank Marion                      Loofah Communications
frank at loofahcom.com               http://www.loofahcom.com