[thelist] Evolt Equipment Support Fund? (was) Email delays... .

CDitty mail at redhotsweeps.com
Thu Jan 4 16:00:09 CST 2001

>to set up a checking account we need to be a 'real' non-profit, which
>we're not yet. this(making evolt an official non-profit) was on my things
>to do list last year, which means it will happen this year for sure.

Since you don't actually need to be a "business" for PayPal, wouldn't that
work?  Once you become legit ;), then you can link the PayPal acct to the
real checking acct.  Works for my site.

>the best way for anyone(like chris and alan, god bless their souls) to
>contribute would be to buy the used parts yourselves and them send those
>parts to me.. or hire a lawyer to do all the paperwork for us ;)

Parts, no prob.  Lawyer, Forget it.  Too expensive.

>well i appreciate it 500%, but i don't want it to seem like i'm whoring
>for contributions.

YO, YO, YO.  What'll $20 get me?

>I'm more than willing to seem like i'm whoring for micro-brews though ;)
>
>>BTW - we've got a bunch of artistic folks here - a donated design for an
>>"official" evolt t-shirt could make some (very small) cash in exchange for
>>someone putting in a bunch of silkscreen time and effort.
>
>we've(the admin gang) been talking about this for at least a year and a
>half.. we've got some samples out there of shirts we made and a domain
>name to sell them from, just need someone to actually do it.
>
>it doesn't sound liek a big deal selling t-shirts, but all the shit behind
>it can turn out to be quite a bit more than one person can handle..

Tell me about it.  I have been toying with the idea of doing this for my
site, <plug> http://www.redhotsweeps.com </plug> and the costs are just too
prohibitive.  Gotta buy in bulk.  If no one buys any, then you are stuck
with them.

>that doesn't mean that any person stepping up and doing it wouldn't have
>the eternal appreciation of not only myself and the rest of the admin
>group, but the entire evolt.org community(in other words, it would be cool
>if someone could volunteer to look into this)

I'd be interested in hearing any results of this for my site if not a prob.

>Seriously though, thanks so much ron, alan, chris and anyone else that can
>help out!! Its truely appreciated. :)

No prob.

>Feeling a bit like Jerry Lewis on a Labor Day Weekend, ;)

LIVE!!! In it's 23rd hour.......It's Daniel and the Evoltiton Marathon.