[thelist] Co-Location: What do I need?

Frank framar at interlog.com
Fri Jan 5 01:26:09 CST 2001

>  I would repeat what Jeff said, don't bother with MySQL
>  and PHP and Perl if you're on NT. Unless you need them,
>  you're better off leaving them alone and developing with
>  what you have.

I figured that I should be ready for most anything.

<tip type="Handling Sales Objections" author="Frank Marion">

  We've been having experience with I-know-Frontpage-so-I'm-an-expert
web developer wanna be's. One of their favourite pass times seems to
be sewing doubt in the client's mind. One of the lasted objections:

C: Why did you use CF instead of ASP/PHP/Whatever?

F: What kind of a car do you drive?

C: What?

F: What kind of a car do you drive?

C: Uh, a 1999 ThisMobile...

F: Why did you buy it?

C: I thought it was reliable, sexy and did what I needed it to do.

F: And at which point did you ask the sales person what brand of
robots they used to build your car?

The client usually has little to say at this point, and we can
address reliability, sexiness of does-what-I-want-it-to-ness of our
app.

</tip>

Comments on the above tip?
--

Frank Marion                      Loofah Communications
frank at loofahcom.com               http://www.loofahcom.com