[thelist] What would you do?

Daniel J. Cody djc at starkmedia.com
Fri Jan 5 13:51:11 CST 2001

I would document everything that you just told us. I would then go to
the client and say, "Hey, here's the deal.. These guys are fucking you
over and your shit doesn't work"(Adjust verbage to taste..) continute
with, "We've been working with you for X years, and have never screwed
you over and have always done quality work."

Explain what you think the problems are with the new site. Don't be
personal about it, just hte 'professional' opinion. Let the client know
that you're(if you really are) willing to help out the new developers to
get the site working..  You'll bill you're time back of course, but
you'll get their site working.

In short, focus on the positive things between you and the old client,
not the negatives of the new site, and let them know you're willing to
help. Seeing this, coupled with a professional attitude, the client may
be willing to re-evaluate where his/her buisiness is going.

On the other hand, if you could give a flying-!@#! about the old client,
tell them how much they screwed themselves over by going with a
different company :)

.djc.

[snip]